Immigration law

Dallas Immigration Law Firm
Acquiring lawful immigration status in the U.S. can be a lengthy and confusing journey for many foreign nationals. While trying to obtain a new immigration status, change existing status or simply adjust status, one may encounter numerous myths, time constraints, voluminous paperwork and complex processes.
Our experienced immigration attorney is committed to answering your questions and helping you make informed decisions on all types of immigration matters, including nonimmigrant or immigrant visas, employment or family-based immigration, asylum, removal and deportation, and naturalization.
 We are able to assist you from the inception to the completion of your case, and to represent you before the Citizenship and Immigration Service, immigration courts, the Board of Immigration Appeals, and federal courts. Since immigration law is a matter of federal law, we may represent foreign individuals all across the United States and abroad.
For  assistance with your immigration-related issues, contact our office for a free initial consultation either on the phone or in person with our attorneys in the following areas:

  • Family-Based Immigration
  • Employment-Based Immigration
  • Asylum
  • Appeals
  • Motion to Reopen
  • Mandamus
  • Removal and Deportation
  • Immigration Bond Hearings
  • Custom Money Seizure/Failure to Declare at Airport
  • Humanitarian Parole
  • Naturalization

Affordable & Reliable Immigration Services Nationwide
Family Based Green Card
Family-based immigration is one of the most common ways for individuals to apply for permanent residency If you are either a Legal Permanent Resident [Green Card holder] or United States citizen you are eligible to sponsor your family members to join you here in the  United States.
Spouses, parents and unmarried children (under 21 years of age) of U.S. citizens are considered “immediate relatives” and may immigrate to the United States without any numerical limitations
All other relatives, brothers, sisters, married children of U.S Citizens are subject to both an annual quota of 226,000 plus per-category and per-country (7%) caps. Because of these limitations, the waiting times on the State Department’s monthly Visa Bulletin range from 2 to over 23 years.

The process of sponsoring a relative always starts with the submission of a form I-130 visa petition.


 In the case of an immediate relative who is legally present in the U.S. for 60 days or more, an application for adjustment of status, form I-485, may be filed simultaneously with form I-130. In fact, the immediate relative can also apply for a work permit and, in some cases, a travel document. Our law firm has helped thousands of persons obtain green cards through marriage over the past 11 years. Please only seek our services if your marriage is bona fide and you live together with your spouse.

Our immigration lawyer will work with you to ensure that your family member’s case moves as fast as possible, and if your family member is subject to the priority date system, our attorneys will work with you to build an effective strategy to ensure that your family member arrives as quickly as possible.
Contact us today at Habib Law Firm for a free consultation with our immigration attorney, and leave the planning and the paperwork to us.
K Visas
he K-3 visa is rarely used on account of the processing time being equa
l In addition to petitioning for certain family members to receive a green card, a United States citizen can also petition for certain individuals to receive a K-1 or K-3/K-4 Visa. The K visas are classified as temporary nonimmigrant visas, even though they are issued to those who plan to immigrate permanently. A K-1 visa allows a fiancée to stay in the United States for 90 days to get married to the petitioner and apply for Lawful Permanent Resident status. If the marriage does not occur in that period, the visa holder is subject to removal procedure. The K-3 applies to foreign spouses who are married to United States citizens and the K-4 visa applies to the foreign spouse’s unmarried children who are under the age of 21. The K-3 is valid for two years and can be extended indefinitely so long as the marriage continues. The spouse can work and travel in and out of the United States with this visa. we can help your family make a smooth transition to the United States. Located in Maryland, we serve clients throughout the state as well as Texas. Call us at (214) 774-9585, or submit our online contact form today.
Same-Sex Marriage-Based Green Cards
A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident has a right to file an I-130 visa petition to sponsor his or her foreign-born spouse. To get a green card based on a sex-same marriage, you must be legally married, either in the U.S. or abroad. And you must be able to demonstrate that the legal marriage is based on a genuine, bona fide relationship.
K-1 Fiance Visa For Same-Sex Engaged Couples
If you are a gay or lesbian U.S. citizen and are engaged to be married to someone of the same gender, then you are eligible to file a fiance petition (Form I-129F). A same-sex engagement may be the basis for a fiance petition even if the U.S. citizen petitioner is a resident of a state that doesn’t recognizes same-sex marriages as legal. The holder of a K-1 fiance petition may enter the U.S. for the purposes of getting married within 90 days of entering. On the basis of the marriage, the foreign national may then file for a green card through a process called adjustment of status.
The immigration lawyers at the Law Offices of Habib Law Firm are strong supporters of the LGBT community. We use our considerable skills and experience to help gay, lesbian, and transgendered immigrants and their families achieve their immigration objectives.
- Please call out office to schedule a consultation with our Immigration Consultant at Phone : +1 (214) 774-9585 or Contact Us  /

Removal of Condition on permanent residence status.
Your permanent residence status will be conditional if it is based on a marriage that was less than two years old on the day you were given permanent residence. You are given conditional resident status on the day you are lawfully admitted to the United States on an immigrant visa or receive adjustment of status. Your permanent resident status is conditional, because you must prove that the marriage is valid from inception and you did not get married to evade the immigration laws of the United States.
You and your spouse must apply together to remove the conditions on your residence. You should apply during the 90 days before your second anniversary as a conditional resident. The expiration date on your green card is also the date of your second anniversary as a conditional resident. If you do not apply to remove the conditions in time, you could lose your conditional resident status and be removed from the country.
Who can apply for removal of Permanent Residence.
You may apply to remove your conditions on permanent residence if:
1. You are still married to the same U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident after two years (your children may be included in your application if they got their conditional resident status at the same time that you did or within 90 days).
2. You are a child and cannot be included in the application of your parents for a valid reason.
3. You are a widow or widower of a marriage that was entered into in good faith.
4. You entered into a marriage in good faith, but the marriage was ended through divorce or annulment.
5. You entered into a marriage in good faith, but either you or your child were battered or subjected to extreme hardship by your U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident spouse.
6. The termination of your conditional resident status would cause extreme hardship to you.
Kindly call our office on (214) 774-9585 for more information.
Late filing of the form I-751
If you fail to properly file the Form I-751 (Petition to Remove the Conditions on Residence) within the 90-day period before your second anniversary as a conditional resident, your conditional resident status will automatically be terminated and the USCIS will order removal proceedings against you. You will receive a notice from the USCIS telling you that you have failed to remove the conditions, and you will also receive a Notice to Appear at a hearing. At the hearing you may review and rebut the evidence against you. You are responsible for proving that you complied with the requirements (the USCIS is not responsible for proving that you did not comply with the requirements).
The Form I-751 can be filed after the 90-day period if you can prove in writing to the director of the Service Center that there was good cause for failing to file the petition on time. The director has the discretion to approve the petition and restore your permanent resident status. You should contact our office in this case, our team has successfully processed many removal of conditional residence petitions (form I-751).
I-751 Waiver?
If you are unable to apply with your spouse to remove the conditions on your residence, you may request a waiver of the joint filing requirement. You may request consideration of more than one waiver provision at a time.
You may request a waiver of the joint petitioning requirements if:

  • Your deportation or removal would result in extreme hardship
  • You entered into your marriage in good faith, and not to evade immigration laws, but the marriage ended by annulment or divorce, and you were not at fault in failing to file a timely petition.
  • You entered into your marriage in good faith, and not to evade immigration laws, but during the marriage you were battered by, or subjected to extreme cruelty committed by your U.S. citizen of legal permanent resident spouse, and you were not at fault in failing to file a joint petition.

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas yearly. These available visas are divided among five preference categories, as follows:

  • The First Employment-based Preference for “priority workers”(EB-1)

Priority Workers receive 28.6 percent of the annual worldwide limit (about 40,000 visas). All Priority Workers must be the beneficiaries of an approved Immigrant Petition for Foreign Workers.
There are three sub-groups in this category:

    • EB-1(A): Persons of “extraordinary ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business, and athletics;
    • EB-1(B): Outstanding Professors and Researchers;
    • EB-1(C): Certain executives and managers subject to an international transfer to the United States.
  • The Second Employment-Based preference (EB-2)

There are two subgroups within this category: Professionals holding an advanced degree (beyond a baccalaureate degree) or a baccalaureate degree and at least five years’ progressive experience in the profession. PERM Labor Certification and a job offer are required for this category unless the job offer is waived by the USCIS in the national interest.

  • The Third Employment-Based Preference (EB-3)

This category covers “Skilled Workers, Professionals Holding Baccalaureate Degrees and Other Workers.” All Third Preference applicants require an approved petition filed by the prospective employer. All such workers require labor certification. There are three subgroups within this category:

    • Skilled workers: persons capable of performing a job requiring at least two years’ training or experience;
    • Professionals with a baccalaureate degree: members of a profession with at least a university bachelor’s degree; and
    • Other workers: those persons capable of filling positions requiring less than two years’ training or experience.
  • The Fourth Employment-Based Preference (EB-4)

Special Immigrants receive 7.1 percent of the yearly worldwide limit. All such applicants must be the beneficiary of an approved I-360, Petition for Special Immigrant, except overseas employees of the U.S. Government who must use Form DS-1884. Among the types of individuals who qualify under this preference are:

    • Religious workers coming to carry on the vocation of a minister of religion, or to work in a professional capacity in a religious vocation, or to work for a tax-exempt organization affiliated with a religious denomination;
    • Certain overseas employees of the U.S. Government;
    • Former employees of the Panama Canal Company;
    • Retired employees of international organizations;
    • Certain dependents of international organization employees; and
    • Certain members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
  • The Fifth Employment-Based Preference (EB-5)

Employment Creation Investors receive 7.1 percent of the yearly worldwide limit. To qualify, an alien must invest a minimum of either U.S. $500,000 or $1,000,000, depending on the employment rate in the geographical area, in a commercial enterprise in the United States which creates at least 10 new full-time jobs for U.S. citizens, permanent resident aliens, or other lawful immigrants, not including the investor and his or her family.
 ::- Please call out office to schedule a consultation with our Immigration lawyer

Work Visas
If an employer needs you to enter the United States to work for a temporary, fixed period, there are many different types of work visas for which you may be eligible. These will not allow you to remain in the United States permanently or indefinitely, and they require a prospective employer to first file a petition with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and get it approved. According to USCIS, the list of available work visas includes:

  • H-1B for persons in specialty occupations
  • H-1C for registered nurses to work in certain areas
  • H-2A for temporary agricultural workers
  • H-2B for temporary non-agricultural work
  • H-3 for trainees or special education visitors
  • L for intracompany transferees
  • O for individuals with extraordinary achievement or ability
  • P-1 for individuals or team athletes or members of an entertainment group
  • P-2 for artists or entertainers performing under a reciprocal exchange program
  • P-3 for entertainers or artists to perform, teach, or coach under a culturally unique program
  • Q-1 for participants in international cultural exchange programs
  • R-1, R-2 for temporary workers to perform work in religious occupations and their spouses and children

Except for H-1B and L visa applicants, people who apply for work visas must show that they have “compelling ties” to their home country and do not intend to stay in the United States. Compelling  include a residence abroad or family relationships that will bring you back to your own country.
Two of the most commonly needed work visas are the H-1B and the L visa. If you need assistance applying or reapplying for a work visa, or simply have questions, contact a skilled Dallas work visa Lawyer at Habib Law Firm. We serve clients throughout U.S including Texas.
H-1B Visas
The H-1B visa is a nonimmigrant work visa for specialty workers who hold at least a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in the area for which work is to be performed. A few of the specialty occupations that usually qualify under the H-1B visa are biotechnologists, chemists, architects, engineers, mathematicians, social scientists, lawyers, and accountants.
The first step in securing an H-1B visa for a specialty worker is to start the process of filing a Labor Condition Application with the United States Department of Labor. An employer must pay the prevailing wage rate for the position being offered in order to get the application certified. Next, an H-1B petition must be submitted to USCIS that includes the certified Labor Condition Application, fees, copies of the specialty worker’s educational degrees, copies of immigration documents, and company information.
If someone with H-1B visa leaves the employment of the sponsoring employer, he or she must either apply for a change of status and be granted that status, be sponsored by another employer, or leave the United States. Those who hold H-1B visas, but who have not gotten permanent residency status after six years, have to remain outside of the United States for 1 year before reapplying for the same type of visa.
L Visas
L-1 visas are used by employees of international companies that have offices both in the United States and abroad. The L-1 visa allows foreign workers to relocate to a United States office after working abroad for the company for at least one continuous year in the last three years prior to admission into the United States. This type of visa authorizes qualified foreign workers to work at the United States office in a managerial or executive position or in a position requiring specialized knowledge. There are four possible relationships between the U.S. and non-U.S. employer offices to qualify for this visa. They may be: parent and subsidiary, branch and headquarters, sister companies that are owned by one parent, or “affiliates.”
L-1 visa is a non-immigrant visa. It is valid for short amounts of time that vary depending on what your country of origin is. You can stay for a maximum for seven years with extensions. This type of visa may also be used as part of the process of obtaining a green card.


E Visas
Before entering the United States, treaty traders or investors and Australian specialty occupation workers must apply and receive an E-1, E-2, E-3 visa from a U.S. consulate or embassy overseas. However, a U.S. company may also request a change of status to E-1, E-2, or E-3 for a nonimmigrant that is already in the United States. USCIS processes change of status and extensions of stay requests for nonimmigrants whose companies have filed such petitions.

  • Treaty traders (E-1) carry on substantial trade in goods, including but not limited to services and technology, principally between the United States and the foreign country of which they are citizens or nationals.
  • Treaty investors (E-2) direct the operations of an enterprise in which they have invested, or are actively investing, a substantial amount of money.
  • Australian specialty occupation workers (E-3) perform services in a specialty occupation.

Every year thousands of people flee their country of origin because they have been persecuted or fear persecution because of their race, religion, nationality, membership in a particular social group, or political opinions. Dallas asylum attorney  can help you meet your burden of proof if you are seeking asylum on any of these grounds.
Currently, you can obtain asylum through an affirmative, non-adversarial process whether or not you have entered the country legally, so long as you haven’t been arrested by the Department of Homeland Security and placed into removal proceedings. You can obtain asylum defensively if you have been denied asylum through the affirmative process or have been threatened with removal proceedings.
The Affirmative Process for Obtaining Asylum
This process requires that you be physically present in the country and you must apply within one year of the date of your last arrival in the United States, unless you can demonstrate that you had changed or extraordinary circumstances that materially affected your asylum eligibility, and that caused a delay. You must also show that you filed within a reasonable time under the circumstances.
The first step in this process is to submit a Form I-589, Application for Asylum and for Withholding of Removal, to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). It is important that you have a Dallas asylum attorney well-versed in asylum matters, and specifically asylum cases, to help you fill out this application. If the application isn’t approved by USCIS and you do not have a legal immigration status, the government will issue a Notice to Appear and refer your case to an immigration judge to review the matter de novo. “De novo” means the judge will review your case without deferring to the decision by USCIS.
Referral to the U.S. Immigration Courts
If you have been referred to an immigration court for deportation proceedings and a final determination on your asylum application, you will have an opportunity to renew your petition or apply for a withholding of removal. Immigration rules are strict and complicated, and frequently include testimony
Defensive Asylum Process
Sometimes individuals are placed into removal proceedings because they were caught within the United States or by U.S. Customs and Border Protection at a port of entry without the appropriate documentation or in violation of their immigration status. If this is your situation, you can use a defensive asylum process.
Immigration judges hear defensive asylum cases in adversarial proceedings. The judge hears arguments from the individual who hopes for asylum and from the United States government, represented by an Immigration and Customs Enforcement attorney.
After hearing arguments the judge decides whether you are eligible for asylum. If you are not eligible, the judge will determine whether you are eligible for another form of relief from deportation. Both the individual and the United States can appeal within 30 days of the judge’s decision.

Are You Facing Deportation?

If you are found to be in the United States illegally, or you have violated immigration laws, the deportation or removal process may be initiated to remove you from the United States. This is often a very traumatic experience for an entire family hoping to stay together, or an individual who has created a life in this country and does not wish to live in their home country. If you are facing removal, an immigration attorney from Habib Law Firm may be able to help. There are legal options available for those facing removing or deportation hearings, but it's important to seek legal assistance as soon as possible to explore all legal options. Immigration law is a very complicated area and changes regularly.
There are many forms of relief available, including the following:

  • Adjustment of Status
  • Waiver of Removability or Inadmissibility
  • Cancellation of Removal
  • Temporary Protected Status
  • Withholding of Removal
  • Asylum
  • Convention Against Torture

If your case is denied by an immigration judge, you have thirty days to appeal this decision and, if your appeal is denied, you may be able to challenge the decision in the Federal Court of Appeals. It is therefore crucial that no time is wasted in getting the involvement of an experienced immigration lawyer who can review your case and help you with necessary removal defense.
If you are facing deportation or removal from the United States and wish to speak with a qualified Dallas immigration lawyer, contact us today to learn more about your options!

VAWA – A Solution to Immigrants in Abusive Relationships
As a battered spouse, child or parent, you may file an immigrant visa petition under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), as amended by the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA).
The VAWA provisions in the INA allow certain spouses, children, and parents of U.S. citizens and certain spouses and children of permanent residents (Green Card holders) to file a petition for themselves, without the abuser’s knowledge. This allows victims to seek both safety and independence from their abuser, who is not notified about the filing.
Those Eligible to File

  • Spouse: You may file for yourself if you are, or were, the abused spouse of a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. You may also file as an abused spouse if your child has been abused by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident spouse.  You may also include on your petition your unmarried children who are under 21 if they have not filed for themselves.
  • Parent: You may file if you are the parent of a U.S. citizen, and you have been abused by your U.S. citizen son or daughter.
  • Child: You may file for yourself if you are an abused child under 21, unmarried and have been abused by your U.S. citizen or permanent resident parent. Your children may also be included on your petition. You may also file for yourself as a child after age 21 but before age 25 if you can demonstrate that the abuse was the main reason for the delay in filing.

One of the main reasons why this law was passed was so immigrants would not feel trapped in an abusive relationship just because of their immigration status.  If you have been a victim of domestic violence or your spouse is threatening to call immigration if you leave him or her, give us a call today and set up an initial consultation to see if you qualify.

Who can use or benefit from VAWA?
Although VAWA stands for “Violence Against Women Act”, it applies to all spouses including abused men and children. A VAWA petition can be filed in situations where the spouse of the US citizen or Permanent Residence has abused the alien. Abuses do not always have to be physical. Abuse can be mental, psychological, physical, or a combination of all the above. In fact, many abuses are psychological and sometimes leave long lasting scars

What are the requirements to qualify for a VAWA petition?
In simple terms there are three requirements to prove that you are eligible for a VAWA petition:

  1. You had a bona fide marriage, that is, you entered a marriage in good faith with a United States citizen or permanent resident (“green card” holder) spouse ;
  2. You were in an abusive relationship; and
  3. You are a person of good moral character.

You are highly advised to document every of the above and to contact a licensed attorney who practices immigration law and is familiar with such cases. Indeed, preparing a VAWA abused case especially if it does not involve physical abuses can be a daunting task. Note that VAWA petitions can be filed during or before removal proceedings (deportations). Our office has successfully processed many of such cases. Note also that you have two years from the date of the finalization of a divorce to benefit from a VAWA applications if it is filed affirmatively. There is also VAWA cancellation which is filed in front of an immigration judge in case, a person is placed on deportation.
What will happen to a VAWA self petitioner if he/she files such a petition?
Many abused immigrant are afraid to file such petitions because they think that the abusive spouses are going to hurt them by reporting them to the immigration services when they find out. They are wrong because VAWA has very specific provisions to protect the abused spouses and children legally. First VAWA is a highly confidential matter. Any kind of investigation will be done very discreetly. Second, there are special provisions under the Immigration Laws that prevent information from the abusive spouses and their families to be used against the abused immigrant. There are few exceptions to this. In fact, it is an offense punishable by fine if an immigration officer crosses lines drawn by VAWA. Therefore, if you find yourself in a potential

Motion to Reopen or Reconsider MTR Immigration Lawyer | USCIS/AAO Appeals
In the event that USCIS denies an immigration benefit, the applicant has 30 days to file a motion to reopen or reconsider to the District Director that made a decision denying an application or petition. A motion to reconsider the decision may be filed within thirty (30) days of the decision that the motion seeks to reconsider. There are exceptions to the 30 day rule, if justified. Along with the I-290B form, a brief should be submitted with the motion. Note that a pending motion to reopen, reconsider, or an appeal to the AAO does not grant the applicant lawful status in and of itself.

Motions to Reopen:

A motion to reopen may be filed with the District Director to reopen petitions and applications based on new facts or evidence, or change in the law or policy that makes the relief available (or, in an asylum or withholding application, based on changed circumstances in the country of nationality). A statement of the facts and affidavits and other documentary evidence should be submitted. Bases for a motion to reopen may include: (1) the evidence requested in the Request For Evidence was not material to the issue of eligibility; (2) the required initial evidence was submitted with the application or petition, or the request for initial evidence or additional information or appearance was complied with during the allotted period; (3) the request for additional information or appearance was sent to an address other than that on the application or petition or notice of representation, or was not sent to a new address stated in a change of address sent to the Service.

Motions to Reconsider:

A motion to reconsider is based on legal grounds alone. In such cases, well reasoned arguments supported by any pertinent precedent decisions to establish that the decision was based on an incorrect application of law or service policy. The brief should establish that the decision was incorrect based on the evidence of record at the time of the initial decision.

Appeals to the Administrative Appeals Office:

An applicant can request that a motion to reconsider also be taken up to the Administrative Appeals (AAO) office for review. The AAO reviews decisions rendered by the USCIS on a variety of petitions and applications.

Contact Us

To discuss motions to reopen or reconsider, and AAO appeals with an experienced immigration lawyer from the Habib Law Firm, feel free to contact us by email or call us at (214) 774-9585.

What is a Mandamus Complaint and Who Qualifies?
The mandamus statute states that it is: “An action to compel an officer of the United States to perform his duty. The district courts shall have original jurisdiction of any action in the nature of mandamus to compel an officer or employee of the United States or agency thereof to perform a duty owed to the plaintiff.” In a small percentage of cases, USCIS is delaying by years the granting or denying of Citizenship and Green Card applications. If you are in this situation, you may consider filing a petition for mandamus relief with a federal district court. By filing for mandamus relief, you are asking the court to approve or deny your application.
The complaint is filed with the federal district court that has jurisdiction over the director of the local USCIS office that has held your application. USCIS will have 60 days to respond to the complaint. The court will generally send the case back to USCIS and instruct them that they must take action within a certain period of time.
USCIS claims that FBI background checks are to blame for the excessive delays, but whatever the case may be, by law, the immigration service is required to adjudicate cases within a “reasonable time.”
Ideally, an applicant should prove that they have exhausted all other options, and shown that they have taken actions to move the case forward. Such actions include emails, faxes, and letters to agencies such as USCIS and proof of scheduling infopass appointments, inquiring about the status of your case.
If you are a naturalization applicant, and you have already had your initial interview, and 120 days have passed, a 1447(B) complaint may be a better option.
Contact Us To discuss Mandamus and 1447(b) complaints with an experienced immigration lawyer from the Habib Law Firm, feel free to contact us by email or call us at (214) 774 - 9585.
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. citizenship is granted to a foreign citizen or national after he or she fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). You may qualify for Naturalization if:

  • You have been a permanent resident for at least 5 years and meet all other eligibility requirements;
  • You have been a permanent resident for 3 years or more, are married to a U.S. citizen and meet all eligibility requirements; or
  • You have qualifying service in the U.S. armed forces and meet all other eligibility requirements;

There are also situations that may disqualify you such as arrests and time outside of the United States.  Therefore, it is important to talk to an Immigration Attorney to verify you qualify to become a citizen before starting this process.
In addition to the above requirements, to become a naturalized U.S. citizen, you must pass the naturalization test. At your naturalization interview, you will be required to answer questions about your application and background. You will also take an English and Civics test unless you qualify for an exemption or waiver.
Can I file for Citizenship with A Criminal Record?
If you have a criminal offense on record, do not attempt to file for citizenship on your own before consulting with a lawyer. Even a minor offense can jeopardize your resident status and eligibility for citizenship. Our lawyers are skilled in complex criminal immigration defense and will do everything within their power to protect your eligibility for U.S. citizenship. Call us today at (214) 774 - 9585 to schedule a consultation. This process is very affordable and is recommended to almost everyone who qualifies.


Free Immigration Case Evaluations - (214) 774 - 9585

Immigration Bail/Bond Hearings

If a friend or relative has been taken into custody by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), he or she might call you for help getting released on bond. At this point, the most important thing to do is contact an immigration attorney to help your relative protect him or herself. Although everyone is entitled to a bond hearing to determine if he or she is or is not subject to continued detention in jail, there is no guarantee that the immigration judge will agree to release the person on bond. Select crimes are barred from bond by U.S. immigration law. These are referred to as "mandatory detention" cases. In some circumstances, an immigration lawyer can ask the immigration judge to reconsider the mandatory detention determination.
With lesser crimes and misdemeanors, the bond hearing is usually held within a few days of the date of arrest. The judge will take into consideration many factors when determining whether to grant a bond and at what amount the bond should be set. If the detainee is perceived to be a "flight risk," it is unlikely that the judge will grant a bond, even if the charges are minor. The intent of the bail bond system is to ensure that the person in custody returns to court for scheduled hearings and does not leave the jurisdiction of the court.
If Someone You Know Has Been Detained
Contact Habib Law Firm as soon as possible after learning that a friend or family member is being held by ICE. We will immediately obtain the documents to understand the charges and request a hearing and release on bond. Call (214) 774 - 9585

Humanitarian Parole Lawyers in Dallas

Need to Enter the U.S. Due to an Emergency?
A person is usually only granted humanitarian parole when it is clear that he/ she either would not qualify for a U.S. visa, or when it is clear that the visa processing time would take too long for the person to get to the U.S. in time for his or her legitimate emergency. Each case is decided on a case-by-case basis.

Who Can Apply for Humanitarian Parole?
There are many scenarios in which foreign nationals need to enter the United States for emergency humanitarian reason:

 Medical needs (such as when you need medical treatment that is available in the U.S.)

  • The reunification of families (such as when you are attending a family member's funeral)
  • Court proceedings (such as when you are part of a trial that is taking place in the U.S.)
  • Other types of emergencies

 The USCIS specifically tries to weed out any applicants who appear to be using the humanitarian parole system solely to bypass the normal visa issuing process, so it is important that you are able to clearly demonstrate the urgency of your situation in your petition. Each case is decided on a case-by-case basis.  Contact the Humanitarian Parole Lawyer in Dallas at (214) 774 - 9585 to help you with your case


 Monetary Seizures/Failure to Declare at US Airport

If you are an International traveler and U.S. Customs seize money or property from you, the Monetary Seizure lawyers at Habib Law Firm may help you retrieve your money. Legally, there is no limit to on the amount of money that can be legally taken out of or brought into the United States providedit is properly declared at the border.   If a person (or group) holds $10,000 or more in currency or negotiable monetary instruments, they must fill out a "Report of International Transportation of Currency and Monetary Instruments" FinCEN Form 105 (former CF Form 4790).One of the most common mistakes is the assumption that persons/family members traveling together can divide currency between each other to avoid declaring the currency.  Persons traveling together are treated as a unit for purposes of the $10,000 limit, and should file a joint declaration (CBP Form 6059-B).   If the group fails to declare the monetary instruments and the total amount is over the $10,000 limit, then all funds may be subject to seizure and potential forfeiture.   If currency is seized, Customs will issue a receipt, and somewhat later, a notice of the seizure case will be issued to the claimant by the Customs Fines, Penalties and Forfeitures Division from the local port.  The involvement of the experienced Money Seizure Lawyer at Habib Law Firm  at (214) 774 - 9585 should be sought to obtain a release of the funds.  Even if eventually released, petitioners will at minimum be assessed a civil penalties for the violation.